Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The beginning of my slide into insanity

One week after the end of July 2013 Camp NaNoWriMo, and I'm at it again. The novel that sprang forth during camp has a plethora of brothers and sisters screaming to be written, all as part of a series, but allowing me to cross over multiple genres with each different book. So.... ::drumroll:: I'm joining the 12 novels in 12 months challenge.

Will I succeed?

Possibly.

Will I go mad in the process?

You bet your sweet bippy!

So, to plot it out in black and white, my goal for the next 12 months is to write one novel from the series each month, with a minimum of 50,000 words for the first draft. The tools will vary. Depending on my mood, I either write with a Lamy fountain pen in one of a number of journals, or I'll type it out in Word on my laptop.

I'll be keeping you up to date on this madcap journey, with snippets of brain barf now and again, and so many lovely pictures of coffee shops and the mess of my desk!

Today is day 7, and I'm sitting at 12,792 words, and going strong. Taking all bets for how long my inspiration will last before I'm sprawled out on the floor beside my couch sobbing into my dog and begging to be put out of my misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment